Valve released a build to allow users to temporarily rollback to the previous version of SteamVR.
This is branch v1527117754 - 6/21/2018 hotfix. It will resolve the Tracker issues.
Here are the steps:
- Switch Steam to Offline Mode
- Completely exit Steam
- Right-click the Steam Icon in the Taskbar Tray and click Exit
- Disconnect Internet from PC by turning off WiFi/Disconnecting Ethernet cable
- Open File Explorer and navigate (on Windows) to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Common
- Delete SteamVR folder
- Unzip the SteamVR.zip file located at: https://we.tl/yMqpHT1mLs
- Paste the unzipped SteamVR folder in the Common folder
- Start Steam
- it will ask to start in Offline Mode since it can’t connect to Steam Servers)
- Launch SteamVR and tracker will now work