If you’re an Oculus Rift user discovering Viveport for the first time, welcome! It’s easy to set up Viveport and start playing titles on your Rift – but if you need a quick start guide, follow the steps below.
Step One: Set up your Oculus Rift
Without your Rift ready to go, we can’t start playing titles from Viveport, so make sure to:
- Have your Oculus Rift HMD connected to your PC, with any other setup completed
- Create your account at Oculus.com, and install the Oculus Rift desktop software
- In the Oculus Rift software, under Settings – General, turn on the option for Unknown Sources (click ‘Allow’ when prompted)
Step Two: Get Viveport
You’ll need to download the Viveport desktop app to access your Viveport library, download titles and play them. You can download the Viveport desktop app at vive.com/setup. If you already have a Vive or Vive Pro, you may already have Viveport installed (in which case, skip on down to Step Three).
After downloading Viveport, locate the file and launch it. During installation, you will need to:
- Sign in with your HTC | VIVE Account (or create a new one).
- Install SteamVR. This will happen automatically, but you may be asked to sign in to Steam during the installation.
- After installation, you’ll be able to launch Viveport from the desktop shortcut.
Step Three: Browse for Oculus Rift compatible titles
You can browse Viveport either from within the desktop app or via Viveport.com. Here’s what to look out for:
- Titles that are Oculus Rift compatible will have the icon displayed throughout the site
- You can also filter for Oculus Rift compatible titles
- After purchasing a title, it will be added to your Viveport Library, accessible from your desktop app or from Viveport.com while logged in
- To play your purchased titles, download and install them via the Viveport desktop app
- Launch your Viveport titles from within the Viveport Library
Want a few suggestions for some fantastic Oculus Rift compatible titles available to you in Viveport Subscription? Check out our blog on just that.